Ethics and Conflict of Interest
The staff of Fundashon Wega di Number Kòrsou is responsible for providing objective and independent reviews of the Wega di Number Kòrsou and the Sorteo Èkstra and must conduct themselves professionally and ethically. Staff members must ensure that they are knowledgeable of and comply with the “Lotterijverordening 1909”.
Duties and Responsibilities
Fundashon Wega di Number Kòrsou has been founded to provide a central point for coordination of and responsibility for activities that promote accountability, integrity, and efficiency in corporate governance.
It is the duty and responsibility of the Fundashon Wega di Number Kòrsou to:
- Provide direction for, supervise and coordinate audits, investigations and management reviews relating to the programs and operations of the Wega di Number Kòrsou and the Sorteo Èkstra;
- Conduct, supervise, or coordinate other activities carried out or financed by the Wega di Number Kòrsou and the Sorteo Èkstra for the purpose of promoting economy and efficiency in the administration of, or preventing and detecting fraud and abuse in, its programs and operations;
- Keep the board of Fundashon Wega di Number Kòrsou informed concerning fraud, abuses, and deficiencies relating to programs and operations administered or financed by the Wega di Number Kòrsou and the Sorteo Èkstra, recommend corrective action concerning fraud, abuses and deficiencies, and report on the progress made in implementing corrective action;
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between the Auditor General, federal auditors, and other governmental bodies with a view toward avoiding duplication; and
- Ensure that an appropriate balance is maintained between audit, investigative and other accountability activities.
Lottery Drawings & Extra Lottery Drawing (Sorteo Extra)
The Fundashon Wega di Number Korsou’s drawings are conducted under strict security guidelines and procedures. A Lottery draw manager and an auditor from an independent auditing firm attend and participate in every drawing. These two individuals report to the draw studio at least 90 minutes prior to the actual drawing. The Lottery draw manager is employed by the Fundashon Wega di Number Korsou’s as a special agent and is a certified law enforcement officer. The draw manager and auditor complete a detailed checklist that thoroughly scrutinizes all aspects of each draw.
Every day, criminals find new ways to scam victims out of their winnings.
The Fundashon Wega di Number Korsou’s offers these helpful tips to avoid being scammed:
- NEVER redeem a Lottery ticket for someone you don’t know.
- ONLY participate in a “lottery pool” with people you trust.
- ONLY buy Lottery tickets from authorized retailers.