Mission and Goal
The mission of the Fundashon Wega di Number Kòrsou is to protect and promote public integrity and accountability within the Foundation through audits and investigations that detect fraud, waste and abuse and administrative violations.
The goal is to prevent and decrease the reoccurrence of such violations through employee awareness and cooperation while providing the Department with a timely, accurate, objective and useful work product that promotes confidence and provides transparency for the citizens of Curaçao.
- Optimal support of the primary process; the daily drawing of the Wega di Number Kòrsou and the organization of the weekly Extra Lottery.
- Develop knowledge about the game of chances Wega di Number Kòrsou and the Extra Lottery by acquiring, collecting and sharing of information between the foundation and the Lottery retailers.
- Contribute to the fight against illegal gambling
- Contribute positively towards social and good causes
- Social responsibility to contribute in preventing gambling addiction
Organizational Structure and Independence
The main functions within the Foundation, which include internal audits, investigations and accountability services, are designed to comply with the “Lotterijverordening 1909” and to assist the agency in being able to deliver the mission and goal.